Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009 was a few days late for Jerry and I (who worked a long shift) but well worth the wait. The original plan was to have his friend and coworker, Harry join us but that long shift got in the way. So, J and I did the best we could with a 17.75 lb bird!!! I think we have 15 lbs left.
Seriously, for TWO people??? But it was only .29 /lb and cheaper than a 6 lb breast!!! It's so unfair. But my guy loves turkey, and all that goes with it (my giblet gravy was da bomb:). I sent him packing with tons of leftovers...I may have to pluck him by next weekend!
Apres dinner, we flopped on the sofa/lounger and did what the rest of America did: fell into an overfed stupor. We lit a fire, and watched Casablanca for the umpteenth time. The house was warm and cozy and with the aroma of dinner still lingering we had no choice but to fall into a contented sleep. It was like a lullaby.
So begins the Holiday season. I'll be working as much as possible this season, since J will be in Iowa and those with kids need to be home with family. I much prefer to have my summer holidays off and besides, we're planning a winter trip to Fla so the extra hours will help fund my cheap/sleazy paperbacks I take to the beach.
Merry Holidays, to all....
Cat =^..^=

No comments: