Thursday, June 17, 2010

A rainy beginning....

June has been a soggy month, so not many opportunities to paint outside.  I could, of course bring my paints and set up in my garden, but the old fear of not having Anita there as a safety net still looms over me.  I know I have to get over this, but....
Today was absolutely fantastic in the studio.  Our lesson was clouds and reflections; Bill and I painted along with Anita and the results were as varied as the artists.  I really need to bring my camera along or learn to get photos off of my cell phone.  I hope she will post her photos on FB or email them to me.
Jerry and I had a great road trip to Chicago, Winona, and La Crosse to get Julia moved.  Her 4 yrs at Winona State are just a memory now, and she is moving on to the world of advertising with an agency in La Crosse.  We had great weather, and the van was so fabulous to have---I just love that vehicle.  Visiting Jim was as delightful as ever, and we stuffed ourselves with Italian beef  sandwiches, and a wonderful dinner at Gale St.  He sent us on our way with Vienna Dogs and included some sausages too!!!  yumm--eee. Thanks, buddy!!
There won't be a Summer Solstice Party this year; I need to work on the garden path, and as well I am saving money for a possible trip to Greece in Sept to paint and write!  From time to time, I'll have a few friends for lunch alfresco, but nothing elaborate.  
Here's hoping the rest of summer is laid back and relaxing....I'll certainly do my part...

No comments: